Do you want to self-direct your growth and personal development?
You might simply wish for more happiness and well-being, or want to connect more deeply to life purpose, and live it. You might wish to grow in your professional life, as a leader, entrepreneur or employee. Perhaps you wish to improve your relationships, either in your private life or at work or with clients. Whatever your desired growth outcome, I can help you design a path and give you the tools to succeed on it.
What this course is about:
We all fear change, because the status quo even if uncomfortable is often easy, it is what we’ve always done, and because change involves, in our minds at least, becoming someone else. Most of us however, want to grow, to become fuller and happier versions of ourselves. However to grow, willingly and consciously, rather than in reaction to some event, pressure or life change, requires time, effort and a clear path. Depending on what you wish to achieve, we can co-create this path, and I can guide you through the experiments in new ways of living at each stage, support you with challenges, and give you the tools you need to self-direct and continue your life journey.
As we grow we can need help to let go of the past, explore new possibilities and give our new beginning firm foundations.
This course, either through individual coaching or group work, does just that…
Combining elements of psychology, positive psychology, meditation and embodied practice, I will dedicate myself to seeing you through your goal.
Is this for me?
This course is not for everyone. Don’t apply to join this course unless:
- You believe that personal growth can be made through the body, using principles and exercises martial arts, yoga, theatre and other body arts.
- You are willing to explore practices like meditation, and commit to a regular practice.
- You are looking for personal development rather than psychotherapy. This course is not psychotherapy but can complement it very well.
- You are willing to commit to a growth goal and seeing it through.
How will I benefit:
- Vision and self-direct your growth to achieve a better and happier life.
- Explore and activate your potential.
- Bypass the urge to escape through alcohol, drugs, TV or whatever you do when you are hurting.
- Connect deeply to your values and purpose.
- Explore the foundations of your well-being and how to build on them.
- Learn embodied tools for self-regulations, resilience and self-expression.
- Connect to a supportive community of like-minded value-driven explorers.
- Live a more fun and fulfilling life.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- The drivers of happiness and excellence and how to practice them in daily life.
- How to connect to and maintain your values and purpose.
- How to take control of your habits, and have them serve your purpose.
- Embodied techniques for self-regulation, resilience and self-expression.
- Practices and exercises you can return to, to self-direct your growth and well-being
The course is based on three pillars, psychology, positive psychology and embodied practice (I include meditation in the latter). Whether in individual coaching or in a group, we will have in each session a meditation part, an embodied part and exercises from psychology or positive psychology.
The course comprises of 7 individual face-to-face or skype coaching sessions or 5 group work sessions in Prague. Additional coaching sessions can be booked if doing the group course.
The course will be available online and via skype at a later date.
The course is available in French or English.
Who I am and why I am offering this
I am a psychologist and Aikido teacher, half-French and half-English, living in Prague for 7 years, where I have been doing corporate personal development training work and teaching Aikido (I have 3rd Dan or black belt). I have an extensive academic and applied background in psychology and positive psychology and 14 years’ experience of teaching Aikido and supporting my students’ long-term personal development.
I have been through many transitions, moving from France to UK as a teenager, being thrown out of Oxford University for not doing any work due to addiction problems with alcohol and drugs, becoming a full-time martial arts student then teacher, losing my livelihood and home during the 2009 recession, expatriating myself to the Czech Republic and rebuilding my life here, fighting depression as I was doing so.
All those were hard. Much harder was losing my father last year after a short battle with cancer, and going through six months of deep depression. It took all the tools and practices I had learned throughout my life, and seeking help in all the way I could find it to get back on my feet. While this particular course is aimed at people who wish to grow, but not necessarily due to a life-change or from a place of pain, not only can the tools and practices help you achieve your goal, whatever it may be, they can also serve you in the future in case of adversity, to see you through hard times.
I make no claim to being perfect, and despite teaching a “spiritual” martial art, I am not any kind of damn guru. I do feel I have a degree of hard-earned wisdom to offer. At the end of the day I’m just as human as you are. I have done a lot of personal development work however, and I have helped a lot of people with theirs. Anything I use or teach I have tested on myself first, and I believe it works, well because I haven’t committed suicide and my life is going well. I believe I can help people up to the level I have gotten to, if I am still working on it at the same level as you, perhaps we can help each other, and if it is beyond me I can refer you to people who will be able to help.
What I do promise is that I will give me all to support you in achieving the growth you wish for. If it doesn’t work I will refund you, not that I want to, I want you to succeed and step into a more fulfilling life.
00 420 608 442 203
What you commit to
- 20 minutes of daily practice
- Weekly sessions
- Weekly exercises between sessions
- Engaging with the community if doing group work. It helps. A lot.
What to do now
Book a 30-minute meeting, online or offline. Maybe we don’t fit, in which case let’s not waste our time our money. If we do connect then we can agree on the type of course (individual or group) and a payment plan.